To be successful in your profession you must have to develop certain qualities and characteristics into your daily life plan. Without these, your chance to reach your full potential in your business and career will be cut short. In other words, your Network Marketing Success depends on it. How far you go will be greatly determined by how well you develop these qualities.
The key to building your Network Marketing business is that you must show up. No matter what systems are in place, no business can survive without you showing up. A McDonald’s franchise can not run without the trained people behind the counters.
This leads us into the first quality of network marketing success. You must carve out time to do the business. Most people starting in this profession, will start working it part time. This means you’ll be working long hours after your regular 9 – 5 job is over. This will require the following:
- Being consistent. Consistency is the key to any level of success you achieve. If you consistently come home from work and sit around and watch your favorite TV sitcoms, you will consistently live your life of mediocrity. However, if you want to achieve anything greater than that, you must be involved with activities that will eventually replace your full time income. As Jim Rohn says “You can work part time on building your fortune while you work full time earning your living.”
- Staying Focused. You must keep your eye on the future. What is your ultimate goal of running your business? What is Your Why? If you have a strong enough ‘Why’ you will be motivated to ‘feel the fear and do it anyway.’
- Get involved with income producing activities. You must know what activities these are. They involve doing one-on-one presentations, prospecting (continue to fill the funnel), and share the product. All three means you are constantly exposing the opportunity to as many people you can touch.
The second quality of network marketing success is you need to be a good follower and at the same time develop your leadership abilities. This will necessitate a call to action to:
- Get organized. Develop your organization skills by focusing on your top priorities. The Pareto Principle states that 80% of your effects (results) come from 20% of the causes (activities). Learn to set priorities in order of there importance. Ask yourself “Which activity will give me the greatest outcome.”
- Follow the Companies Systems. Systems were put into place because they have been proven to produce the highest level of success among all participants. The key to a franchise is the system that was put into place.
- Become a student of the profession. In order to attain something new in your life you must let go of something. To acquire newer and better thoughts, you must let go of the older, self-limiting thoughts that hold you back. Read. Read. Read. Charlie “Tremendous” Jones said “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.
- Ask Questions. The most successful people spend more time asking questions of their peers. When you ask a question, you gain another point of view. You gain knowledge to act on and you protect yourself from making big and costly mistakes.
Expose yourself to some generic network marketing trainings. Your network marketing success is determined by your ability to stay abreast of leadership skills, duplication processes and communications skills. Be a growing part of the Network Marketing Profession. By attending trainings in the profession you will learn:
- A new level of leadership. Being exposed to other leaders in the industry will uncover other effective leadership styles that work for many personality types.
- A renewed commitment to the opportunity. There are to many people in this world that still have not heard of this profession and its many benefits. As Eric Worre states “It’s a stone-cold fact: we have a better way. Now let’s go tell the world.” In turn, you will enrich so many more lives.
- You can make a unique contribution to the profession. The world needs more effective leaders. In order to lead you must be willing to step up to the plate and bat. Learn from those who have paved the road before you and develop the skills necessary to lead your organization to great wealth and happiness.
Never stop prospecting is the next quality to network marketing success. Even if you have a huge organization and your income is large enough to sustain a high level of material wealth is no reason to become complacent. If you stop prospecting, then that means you have become complacent with where you are personally and professionally. Set an example for your organization to make great things happen.
The call of personal excellence is the last quality of network marketing success. To increase your personal effectiveness in your organization you must develop the need to continually learn and grow. By doing so, you will:
Optimize your people skills. John D. Rockefeller said that “the ability to deal with people is as purchasable a commodity as sugar or coffee. And I will pay more for that ability than for any other under the sun.”
- Learn better ways to get along with people in the business.
- Acquire the skills to develop new social contacts and the art of relationship building.
- Increase your public speaking skills. In this profession you must be able to speak to people you don’t know and talk in front of large groups.