Social Media Marketing – Putting Your Company Into the Social Crowd
It’s always difficult to market towards certain demographics. With social media being increasingly huge, there is no better platform to use. Utilising social media to your advantage can help you figure out what kind of audience to market towards, who enjoys what, and who will most likely enjoy your product. With these tips, you can use social media and make it one of your largest asset in your marketing strategies.
1. Decide which platform to use – There are a number of different social platforms and user bases. From Facebook to Instagram to Tumblr, there is no shortage of client bases to use. It is arguably the most important to focus on one or two platforms to begin with, to ensure that you don’t fizzle yourself out with focusing on multiple things at once, as marketing is just one aspect of running a business. Be sure to keep track of which platform is receiving more traffic, as the one with a larger traffic count will more likely be the one with a bigger base in the long run.
2. Connect your blog or website with your social profiles – Creating a number of social media profiles is essential for social influence. This is why it is even more important for you to link your main base of operations (website or blog) to all your social media profiles, and vice versa. Market your website on your social media profiles, and market your social media profiles on your websites. This ensures the creation of a closed loop, creating a large network of people that are connected with both aspects of your business, bringing in more traffic for your business.
3. Share interesting content – If you want to market towards to right people, you need to make sure you’re sharing content that they will enjoy. If you share interesting and helpful content, then you’re most likely to have your content shared and spread among the crowd. More importantly, don’t forget hashtags. The use of hashtags can help your clients keep track of your posts, and if they’re big enough, become a trend.
4. Keep your profile standing out – When it comes to social media marketing, it’s important to stand out from the crowd. There are a variety of ways to do this, as stated above you can post specific content toward a certain audience. But a core way to do this is to keep above the exposure. To face facts, you won’t be the last to be marketing on social media, which is why it’s important to make sure your posts aren’t lost in the ocean of others that are posted every day. There are a couple of different ways to do this, as you want to stand out but you also don’t want to over expose yourself. For a personal social media account, you can post as many times as you want per day as you will be mainly marketing towards friends and family. For your social media business account, it is advised that you don’t post more than twice per day, or seven times per week, as followers may simply ignore your posts.
5. Follow the influences in your crowd – The odds are that you aren’t going to be the biggest fish in the social media marketing pond. This makes it important to follow the bigger ones. If you happen to catch their eye, then you may be lucky enough to strike up a collaboration or a partnership. There is also the added bonus of recommendations. If you follow popular people, then you will most likely pop up in the recommended list for their followers, in turn gaining more traffic for your profile.